CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I will not be a victim of "Society Says"

The last couple of days have caused me to ponder how I'm supposed to be feeling about being pregnant. I AM excited! I FEEL blessed! Most importantly though, I AM scared to death! So as I tell people about the pregnancy, I find myself doing so the same way I'd tell them it was snowing outside. The conversation goes something like this:

Person: Hey Monica! How's it going? Long time no hear, what's new with you?

Me: Good to see you too. Not a whole lot going on except that I'm (blank) weeks pregnant. How have you been?

Person: What?!?

It's actually pretty funny to see their reactions, so I just can't help myself. I've never been a gusher, so it seems odd to me that people would expect me to behave otherwise! But if it will make folks feel better, I will scream on demand and shed a tear as they recall the stories of their own experiences. Sound good? Well you wait for it because it's likely to happen as soon as pigs stage a coup, and fly out your butt!

I can only be who I am. Being any other way is stressful and that's not supposed to be good for the baby. Ha! How's that society?!

Talk Soon.

0 comments: